Being a teenager is no easy period in life…
AVP workshops are making it easier by involving youth and adults in crazy, active games along with sharing their challenges, thoughtful discussions where everyone weighs in, laughter lightening the load of sharing tools to resolve serious, daily issues
starting with listening…
Introducing leadership and decision-making skills, creating a healthy, listening, caring and fun community.
Amazing things await you!
We are ALL Valuable People!!
- Discover other people in your community, who also seek a wider, more equal world for all:
- ENJOY a hands-on, experiential workshop where you’ll connect deeply with others
- LAUGH, share and listen while learning ways to reduce conflict in your neighborhood, your classroom, with your family or at work. Only 20 people in a workshop
- Take no notes… Come prepared to discover new ways of approaching disagreement
Treat yourself to a workshop purely for personal growth, OR make it your first step toward being a Santa Barbara AVP facilitator in prisons, your community or in the classroom.
Offered by Alternatives to Violence Project (AVP), begun in 1975, an active worldwide nonprofit.
- All workshops led by a team of experienced volunteers, currently facilitating workshops in their community, with youth, as well as in California prisons.
- Workshop Hours: 20 hours over a weekend.
- Includes materials and training, lunch, and snacks.
- Certificates earned and community service credits given.
Donation: $25-125 (sliding scale). All welcome. No one turned away.