What do teens get?
WHAT do teens get out of graduating from the 20-hour AVP Experience?
- 20 hours of community service (without having to pick up trash on the freeway)
- Certificate of Completion of Basic workshop
- Removal of suspension from SBUSD student file
- Opportunity to become an “AVP-Experience” leader upon completion of Basic, Advanced and Training for Facilitators workshops, prepared to be on a team facilitating workshops.
- Eligible to receive stipends for facilitating workshops
- Once completed, consideration by SBUSD for removal from expulsion
AND Best of all: Three additional benefits:
- Two full days of laughter, crazy games and no lectures in each workshop
- Getting to know your peers and adults who are taking the workshops
- Learning more about yourself, how to handle problems, enjoy people and have fun